since this is our blog and I use it to remember things, here are 2 things that I don't want to forget...
On Saturday, we were headed to our (actually mine) favorite place to eat and we were driving along Shem Creek and we noticed a pelican on the side of the road. As we got closer, the pelican decided to try to take off and flew right into our car! I screamed because it scared the crap out of me. Up north people hit deer. I guess in the south people hit pelicans. The pelicans wing span was huge and covered most of our front window and then he slide off the side of the car. We pulled over to check on him and he stumbled a little bit, laid down, and then got back up and stumbled a little bit more. We proceeded to dinner and on our way back we checked to see if he was injured or still in the same spot but he was gone. Can't believe we hit a pelican, or I guess the more accurate thing to say is that a pelican flew into our car. The most memorable comment was from Quinn. He said "Daddy, you hit a giraffe!" :)
The other thing...
Pat dvr'd the all star basketball game and we were watching the half-time show last night. Shakira was on and she was wearing a skimpy unitard. She was busting a move. The music caught Quinn's attention and he was enthrawled with the tv and her performance. The song ended and she changed outfits. She was now dressed in knee-high boots and had a jacket over her unitard. She started singing and dancing, Quinn started dancing. Then all of the sudden, he stopped and said I need to get my boots! haha! He went to the coat closet and put on his shark rain boots and started dancing with Shakira! Too funny. He saw that they had boots on and he wanted his own. Wish I would have taken a picture. He is too funny and has such a personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment