Friday, December 11, 2009

elf on a shelf

so we started a new Christmas tradition at our house...Elf on a Shelf. Quinn is loving it! I bought this last year after Christmas and couldn't wait to start this tradition on December 1st this year. It comes with a book and an elf. You have to name your elf--Pat and Quinn named him Elvis. Each day Elvis shows up in a new location in our house. I will try to remember to take a few pics of Elvis...this morning he showed up on the top of our cabinets in the kitchen. The book explains that the elf reports back to Santa what he sees and hears. We remind Quinn each day that Elvis is watching. I love seeing Quinn run down the stairs in the morning looking for Elvis. He gets so excited. Today, when Egan was fussy Quinn said "Egan, no fussing Elvis is watching!" Haha! I highly recommend this tradition. I am hoping Egan enjoys it as much as Quinn does.

1 comment:

Courtney Stemple said...

My mother in law got this for my neice and it sounds like so much fun!