Saturday, January 10, 2009

pics from friday night and saturday

so I took pictures yesterday but forgot to post them. Pat and I were busy last night cleaning out the room over the garage and before we knew it it was 10:30pm and both of us were tired. So here are a two pictures from friday night.

waving to the camera

close up before bed.
9 years ago today, Pat and I went out on our first date. Hard to believe it's been 9 years! Happy dating anniversary Pat. Thanks for the fun and the memories. Here are some things we've gone through or done in 9 years:
earned 2 bachelors degrees, 2 masters degrees, and 1 PhD
lived in 3 states: PA, KY, SC
lived in 2 apartments and 2 houses
had a few too many beers and a few too many hangovers
traveled to some pretty cool places--ft. lauderdale, new orleans, san diego, hilton head, myrtle beach, and ashville
got engaged
got married
bought a house in SC
grieved the loss of grandparents
grieved the loss of my parents
saw the Steelers play 3 times
had a baby
are expecting baby #2
(and many other experiences and memories)
Looking forward to many more memories with you Pat.

Quinn and Derby begging Pat for his banana this morning.




Quinn wearing my gymnastics medals.

Pat and I were digging through things in the computer room and room over the garage trying to get things ready to move Quinn into the old computer room. One of the bins we were sorting contained my medals from gymnastics. I put some on Quinn's neck. They were heavy. He took most of them off but did wear one around the house for a few hours. Too funny.

well off to watch football. We are anxiously awaiting the games tomorrow. Go Steelers!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love the medals:) So cool that you kept all of them. Happy "nesting"!! I would love to see an all PA Superbowl!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting Quinn wear your medals, Kristen. He needed to get the feel of them, since he will someday have quite a few of his own! My grandson is so amazing!
Love Grammie!

Unknown said...

You know I cried with gratitude when I read your 9 year anniversary accomplishments. That's quite a list! I'm so proud of both of you! (except maybe the hangover part) My pray for you both - "May God continue to bless you and your family abundantly and to draw you closer to Him and to one another."
Love, love, love - Mom