Saturday, February 21, 2009

happy hour and a cow

last night we went to happy hour at a bar/restaurant called Fuel. It is an old gas station turned bar. It's a pretty neat place. Quinn enjoyed sitting at the table and drinking his juice. He liked giving cheers to everyone. chomping down on black beans, french fries, chips and queso, raisins, and applesauce.

After happy hour, we came home around 8pm, put Quinn to bed and then caught up on a few dvr'd shows. Today, Pat had a basketball game around Quinn's naptime so we hung out at home. After Pat got home, I headed out to Once Upon a Child to pick up a few pairs of pants for Quinn. When I left, Pat said "make sure you stick to the plan. Buy only what we need." I did pretty well until I found this...

a rocking cow! I had to buy it.
This will fit in Quinn's new room. He LOVES animals. When I pulled into the driveway, Quinn and Pat were sitting outside on the curb. Pat picked him up to show him what was riding shotgun in the car. He started yelling "cow" "moo" "moo." Too funny! Pat wasn't too happy that I strayed from the list but I couldn't pass up this rocking cow for $10. I put the cow up in Quinn's new room.

Pat also finished up Quinn's new crib a few weeks ago. He played in his new bed for about 20 minutes today. Hopefully, we will get the room painted and the other furniture stained soon so we can move him into his new room. I will post pictures once his room is finished.




off to eat some ice cream and watch tv.

No comments: