here he is sleeping. We had to wake him at 8pm to start giving him the syringe of pedialyte.
Saturday, Quinn was extremely fussy and was not a happy camper. The vomiting had stopped but early evening the other stuff started with major explosive diapers. One every 15-20 minutes for an hour. Quinn finally fell back asleep at 10pm and woke up at midnight screaming and fussing. We checked his temp and it was 105 so off to the emergency room we went.
Pat giving Quinn a syringe of pedialyte.
getting him dressed in his little hospital gown before the dr. came to see us
The dr. said that Quinn was not dehydrated and that there is a nasty stomach bug going around and that this will run its course. We are to treat the fever with motrin and tylenol. We got home around 4am and Quinn slept until 8:30am and then napped on and off throughout the day. He was just not himself and was very cranky. Getting him to eat and drink has been a struggle but he did have some pedialyte and gatorade today. He also had some applesauce. To keep him happy, we took him on 2 walks today. He seemed to enjoy the stroll around the neighborhood. Thank goodness for good weather.
We froze some gatorade and gave Quinn the slushy mix of gatorade.I will stay home with him tomorrow. Hoping he is on the mend. Not a fun weekend at our house. Also, hoping that Pat and I stay healthy. We are travelling to KY to visit with friends for a long weekend this weekend.
Off to bed--it may be another long night.


2 comments:
I hope you all sleep well tonight. Poor little guy. My heart just breaks looking at him so sick. He looked so adorable in his hospital gown. I am happy he was able to keep some stuff down today. Good idea with the slushie:) I am surprised you didn't make it a blue raspberry slushie like Dairy Supreme:) Keep me posted. Love you all,
Nicole
Yeah! I agree about the slushie - great idea. He does really look so precious in his hospital gown. I just hate to see him sick. My arms ached to hold him and just rock him after Pat told me about the ER visit. I know he's being well taken care of - great job! Hey, I can enlarge some of the photos when I click on them. They are so amazingly clear. I just found that out and really enjoy the website, when I get a chance to look at it. You are all in my prayers - Love Mom
Post a Comment